After successful completion of this course delegates will have a much greater understanding of the safety considerations required when administering medical gases.
The delegates will also be in a much stronger position to promote better casualty care using oxygen and entonox as required when dealing with first aid incidents.
This simple skill will instil confidence in both the first aider and the casualty increasing the likelihood of a more positive outcome. It is strongly advised that delegates refresh these skills on an annual basis.
This course develops a comprehensive range of skills in the administration of oxygen and/or analgesic gas.
Who should attend?
The course is for people who want to learn about the administration of oxygen and/or analgesic gas.
What you will learn?
The course covers the skills and equipment which can assist with basic resuscitation.
- Safety and storage of cylinders
- Preparation of cylinders
- Administration of oxygen
- Resuscitation equipment
- Administration of analgesic gas
Half a day
Continuous assessment and certification during the course.
On-site training at your venue to suit you
£40 per person
£300 group rate
(max 12 people)
Also in this section
- Dentist CPD courses
- Emergency medical first aid and CPR training for the dental practice
- Anaphylaxis training
- Emergency drugs in general dental practice
- Combined ILS and PILS course for Sedationist
- Specialist courses
- AED training
- Medical gases
- First aid courses
- QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- First aid for child care practitioners
- GPs and health professionals
- Foster carer emergency first aid at home/work
- Annual refresher
- Advanced medical response training
- Basic life support (BLS)