Foster caring can be a challenging but satisfying role, with foster carers facing many situations on a daily basis with a range of social and complex dynamics.
Part of this role may be to administer first aid or to administer certain medications within set guidelines laid out by social services, GPs or the Fostering agent.
This course takes into account the role of Foster carers and the different challenges and aspects they may have to deal with.
The course continues to build on the foundation laid in the initial training course that the foster carers attend (The Skills to Foster) or will attend as carers progress through their training and endorses the practice of Safer Caring approach that is strongly endorsed by foster agencies.
The course will aim to give carers the confidence needed in dealing with many situations from self harming, administering of medications and dealing with life threatening emergencies as per HSE guidelines, (Emergency First Aid at Work).
This course also endorses the role of the carer in collating, completing an accident report form, logging medication given and awareness of guidelines that may be in place between social services and the Foster agency.
What they will learn?
- First aid procedures pertinent to a school environment.
- Course content
- Burns and scalds
- Control of bleeding
- Resuscitation - as appropriate for age group
- Incident management
- Miscellaneous conditions
- Treatment of unconscious casualty
Assessment and certification:
Continuous assessment by trainer
On-site training at a venue, date and time to suit you
£40 per person
£450 group rate
(max 12 people)
Also in this section
- Dentist CPD courses
- Emergency medical first aid and CPR training for the dental practice
- Anaphylaxis training
- Emergency drugs in general dental practice
- Combined ILS and PILS course for Sedationist
- Specialist courses
- AED training
- Medical gases
- First aid courses
- QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- First aid for child care practitioners
- GPs and health professionals
- Foster carer emergency first aid at home/work
- Annual refresher
- Advanced medical response training
- Basic life support (BLS)