This course empowers the individual or team with the skills to recognise and the competence to deal with medical emergencies common to dental practices including basic/advanced life support (CPR) and the administration of first line drugs such as oxygen, adrenaline, glucose, glucagon, midazolam, GTN, aspirin and salbutamol.
The General Dental Council (GDC) has outlined the level of staff training they expect as follows...
All members of staff, not just registered team members, [should] know their role if a patient collapses or there is another kind of medical emergency. All members of staff who might be involved in dealing with a medical emergency are [should be] trained and prepared to deal with such an emergency at any time.
A minimum of 10 hours in every five year CPD cycle must be spent on medical emergencies and resuscitation training.
Our paramedic trainers will carry out a full review and check all emergency medications at your practice in-line with the clinical practice guidelines.
This training is CPD verifiable, 4 points and certificates of attendance will be supplied inline with GDC guidelines.
- Training on a date and time to suit your team at your practice.
- An email reminder at least three months before expiry date.
- First aid manuals for your team.
- Update first aid newsletter for your practice.
- Ongoing advice and support throughout the year via phone or email.
- CPD verifiable certificates in-line with GDC guidelines.
- HCPC paramedic trainers.
- Full review of drugs and IM training.
- Team based training incidents.
- Introduction to the AED or recap training.
- Orthodontic therapists
- Practice managers
The session takes approximately four hours and will include practical CPR training, together with recognition and management of medical emergencies most common to dental practice.
You will be able to practice CPR with the manikins in your own dental chair. Hygienic CPR manikins will be provided by Sussex Dental First Aid Training for use during your training session.
- Basic life support – adult and child
- Airway management – airway adjuncts, BVM and suction
- Oxygen therapy
- Cardiac emergencies
- Epileptic seizures
- Choking and aspiration
- Team based training incidents
- Administration of drugs in an emergency
- Introduction to the AED or recap training
Training will also include:
- Administering IM injections and the use of medical ampoules
- Administering common first line dental practice emergency drugs
On-site training at your practice to suit you.
|Number of staff||Cost|
|1 - 5*||£255|
|6 - 8||£325|
|9 - 11||£370|
|12 - 14||£410|
|15 - 20||£495|
|21 - 25||£550|
|26 - 30||£660|
*Minimum charge payable, no discount applicable.
Dental practices will receive a 10% discount on their first booking!
Discount none applicable outside the Sussex border.
Garry Perkins HCPC Paramedic will be conducting this CPD medical event. All bookings can be made on the below link. Tickets
Our next open course...
14 March 2018
06:00 PM – 09:30 PM
The Kings Church 33-35 Victoria Road Burgess Hill RH15 8UL
Also in this section
- Dentist CPD courses
- Emergency medical first aid and CPR training for the dental practice
- Anaphylaxis training
- Emergency drugs in general dental practice
- Combined ILS and PILS course for Sedationist
- Specialist courses
- AED training
- Medical gases
- First aid courses
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- First aid for child care practitioners
- GPs and health professionals
- Foster carer emergency first aid at home/work
- Annual refresher
- Advanced medical response training
- Basic life support (BLS)