This course is aimed at those who work or care for those persons who may have a severe allergic reaction and who may require assistance with their EpiPen®. This qualification is intended for candidates already working or caring for those who have anaphylaxis.
It can also be for anyone who wants to gain more knowledge of Anaphylaxis and the use of the EpiPen®.
Candidates gaining this qualification will understand that Anaphylaxis is a severe life threatening allergic reaction which if recognized early and emergency medication taken can prevent the casualty from deteriorating into cardiac arrest.
We suggest that a work based risk assessment should be carried out and anyone expected to manage an anaphylactic emergency should be trained to a competent level in order to act safely and appropriately.
This course is designed with exactly that in mind.
The course’s aims and objectives are:
- For the delegate to understand what anaphylaxis is and how it relates to a normal mild allergic reaction
- Common triggers for attacks
- Signs and symptoms of a reaction
- Risk assessment and working with care plans
- Administration of an auto-injector and first aid treatment
Delegates are required to take active participation in the practical demonstrations of the trainer EpiPen® /Anapen® /Auto-Injector in order to achieve certification. Delegates will be given all course notes and training includes administering IM injections and the use of ampoules.
A short two-hour programme
Training ratios (trainer to delegates)
Certificate of attendance, qualification valid for 1 year
This training is CPD verifiable 2 points.
On-site training at your practice to suit you.
- £35 per person
- £200 group rate (max 15 people)
Also in this section
- Dentist CPD courses
- Emergency medical first aid and CPR training for the dental practice
- Anaphylaxis training
- Emergency drugs in general dental practice
- Combined ILS and PILS course for Sedationist
- Specialist courses
- AED training
- Medical gases
- First aid courses
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- First aid for child care practitioners
- GPs and health professionals
- Foster carer emergency first aid at home/work
- Annual refresher
- Advanced medical response training
- Basic life support (BLS)