We are able to offer a four-hour initial course in Automated External Defibrillation (AED) and a two-hour re-qualification course which conforms to the current Resuscitation Council UK guidelines.
This device can be used to administer measured electric shocks during CPR to people in cardiac arrest and is the best way of increasing the chance of survival.
The chances of successful defibrillation decline at a rate of 7-10% with each minute. Basic Life Support (BLS) may help to sustain a shockable rhythm but is not a definitive treatment. We are also able to offer advice in purchasing the correct equipment for your organisation. This course is delivered by paramedics.
Sussex Dental First Aid Training offer courses in the four aspects of emergency resuscitation:
- Basic life support (adult, child and infant)
- Heart conditions and treatment of an unconscious patient
- Choking (conscious and unconscious – adult, child and infant)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Certificate of competency issued by Sussex Dental First Aid Training meets CPD requirements.
The tutor throughout the course will continually asses delegates. Upon Successful completion of the course the delegate will be awarded a certificate for Automated External Defibrillation.
Resuscitation from sudden death is NOT an ambulance responsibility!
Resuscitation from sudden death is inevitably a community responsibility.
Is it easy to deal effectively with a colleague who has had a sudden and unexpected cardiac arrest? Yes, easier than most things we do!
An automated defibrillator is easier to use than a television set – and I do not mean video recorder!
Professor Douglas Chamberlain
On-site training at your practice to suit you.
AED User course
4-hour initial training course
£40 per person
£300 group rate
(max 8 people)
2-hour AED/CPR re-qualification
£35 per person
£200 group rate
(max 8 people)
Also in this section
- Dentist CPD courses
- Emergency medical first aid and CPR training for the dental practice
- Anaphylaxis training
- Emergency drugs in general dental practice
- Combined ILS and PILS course for Sedationist
- Specialist courses
- AED training
- Medical gases
- First aid courses
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- First aid for child care practitioners
- GPs and health professionals
- Foster carer emergency first aid at home/work
- Annual refresher
- Advanced medical response training
- Basic life support (BLS)